Ruth Riffe, Paul Humphrey & Half Dome

Ruth Riffe, Paul Humphrey & Half Dome
Ruth Riffe, Paul Humphrey & Half Dome

Monday, November 1, 2010

Super Topo Thread review: Aug. 19, 2010

I am posting old posts from supertopo.com

Topic Author's Reply - Aug 19, 2010 - 07:10pm PT
Paul Humphrey here.

I might have to find a new way to master this disaster. The experimental chemo / molecule IV doesn't seem to be working. Its getting Laaarger!

On to the next thing?

Big questions, crappy options.

At least I'm not on a pump this week being poinoned for a cure.

Perhaps a long road trip is in order. Anyone remember me?
Anyone want to climb if my girlfriend Ruth and I drive through this Fall?

Mastering on...

Paul


HAPPY MAN

My seams are frayed.
My soles are worn.
And I'm a Happy Man.

I've had Manzinita
shake my hand
and wave me on my way.

I've talked with Falcons
and laughed with Squirrels.
Seen Resurection grow
from Redwood burls.

I've clung to the edge
of cliffs so high
that beneath me
the Raptors and
Songbirds flew by.
And I've cried
with the Owl
and his voice forlorn
at the coming of the Shadows.

So, when need comes
to venture out of
sight of the Wild,
into Traffic And Concrete,
still my temper is mild.

"Good Morning" I shout,
Middle Finger raised high,
not from disrespect,
just to point out the Sky.
And perhaps people stare
when I stand in the Street,
hands covering ears
and whistling sweet;
like a Songbird...

But it seems
a far better sound
than Horns and Screams
and revving Engines
all around.

Soon enough freedom returns
and I am on my way;
the Sun shining down
On a Wild filled day.
I relax,look around and say
"Yes, I am a Happy Man."

-Paul Humphrey

No comments:

Post a Comment